Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day Three

Love Month has a fun way of turning your thoughts to your husband throughout the day. I ended up calling Trevor at work just to say I love you and I’m thinking about you. Around dinner time it was pouring and I knew my husband would be coming home on a smelly bus and have to dash across the park and ride to get to the van in the rain. I started to think about what I could do to warm and cheer him when he walked through the doors. I found the “Phenomenon” sound track he bought me when we were engaged and started listening to it while cooking dinner. Of course this brought back all sorts of memories from earlier years. When I heard the garage door open I quickly turned the CD to one of our favorite slow song and turned up the volume. He walked in with his big winter coat, carrying h is heavy work bag with this look of “I’m tired, wet and hungry.” I took his coat off, set his bag down, took him in my arms and started slow dancing around the kitchen with him. Our boys looked at us like, what are you doing, we need dinner. As we turned around in the kitchen, his face softened. The stress of the day seemed to melt away for both of us. The dancing wasn’t actually my love month gift for the day, it was just a side affect. His planned Love Month gift was a 15 minute back massage right before bed. This isn’t a “rub your shoulders while you watch TV rub.” This was a towel on the bed, lotion or oil if you have it, shirt off, deep rub.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Blog Emmy!!I loved reading the fun things you are doing!Mark has been out of town most of the month, but I am loving this "Love Month'. i have tucked little treats and notes in his suitcase, and given him foot, head and back massages!. It is really the little thoughtful things that he is loving! I have a piece of fudge for him tonight when he comes home, and an hour of "Lost" together!1
    love you lisa Stevens

    ReplyDelete